Saturday, October 14, 2006

Running Like Children


Felicia and I attended a runner's workshop two weekends. If there was one lesson that we took away from the workshop it is this: when running long distance, to save energy, LEAN FORWARD!

Denny Dreyer, the inventor of Chi Running, has brought back so much pleasure in running with this simple tip. I read his books ages ago, and practiced his method in the last two marathons that I ran.

But children as usual do not need such lessons. My youngest John, 5, will also take part in the Standard Chartered Marathon this year in the 700m dash. We brought him to the track to prepare for this. He has the most energy of my three children. Lo and behold, he has such a clever forward lean - naturally.

And this is a photo of him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home